Your iPhone can get too hot for various reasons, but fortunately there are several solutions that can correct this problem.
The iPhone, like any other smartphone, is essentially a pocket device. But unlike desktop or laptop computers, it doesn’t have a heat sink or fan to regulate temperature and keep cool. This means that when you put it to extreme use, it generates more heat than it should.
It is likely that this has happened to you and that your smartphone has once heated up more than normal. But do you know why this happens? , or, what should you do in these cases? _ Well, in this article we will tell you why your iPhone is heating up, and how you can solve it.
Why is your iPhone getting too hot?
When you use your smartphone for a very long period of time, it will inevitably get hot, which is perfectly normal and you shouldn’t worry. The truth is, there are several reasons why your iPhone could get hotter than it should:
- If you use your device while you are charging it.
- Play high-quality videos for an extended period of time.
- The use of GPS and real-time navigation controls , mainly on older devices.
- Set up your device for the first time or restore it from a backup.
- Using resource-intensive applications such as a synthesizer, digital audio workstation, or video editor .
- The use of applications of augmented reality or with too many quality graphics.
Also, in extremely hot conditions, you may notice a decrease in battery life. This mainly happens if you forget your device in a car on a hot day or if you expose it to direct sunlight for a very long period of time.
How to tell if your iPhone is hotter than normal
Sometimes it is difficult to know if your iPhone has a higher temperature than normal, especially if it is not hot to the touch. However, there are some signs that could serve as an alert:
- It is possible that your mobile battery charge slows down or stops.
- Sometimes your device screen goes dark or turns black intermittently.
- Faced with high temperatures, cellular radios enter a low-power state, causing poor call quality during this time.
- The camera flash can be temporarily disabled.
- Graphics-intensive applications may stop working properly or, worse, may crash on startup.
- If your device exceeds a certain temperature threshold; You will see a temperature warning message that says, “Your iPhone must cool down before you can use it.”
What to do if your iPhone is very hot
When your iPhone gets too hot, the first thing to do is keep calm, and then take steps to prevent damage to the device. These are some of our recommendations:
Stop charging your device. Unplug it from the charger and wait for it to return to its original temperature.
- Turn off your smartphone and let the heat dissipate before turning it on again.
- If you use a cover, remove it from your device so it can cool down more quickly.
- Remove the device from exposure to direct sunlight, and place it in the shade.
- Turn off background apps update .
- Remove unstable apps from your device. If some apps crash frequently, they can increase the temperature of the smartphone.
- Reduce the brightness of your screen and this will also reduce the heat on the device.
- Avoid charging your mobile overnight. This could cause irreparable damage to the smartphone.
What if the problem persists?
If the problem of high temperatures on your mobile persists after trying the previous solutions, there are still some possibilities:
- Make sure your charger’s wall adapter is working properly.
- Verify that the charging cable of your smartphone has not been damaged.
- Check that you are using only original accessories.
Purchased from non-certified sources, third-party chargers can potentially create issues. To avoid inconvenience, you can use an official charger made by Apple or a quality cable that comes with the Made for iPhone (MFi) badge. Uncertified chargers can damage your device and create other problems, but if you want to avoid inconvenience when charging your iPhone, we recommend reading these tips.