Did you know that you can know the exact time someone reads a message that you have sent via WhatsApp?
WhatsApp offers endless possibilities to all its users and there are many tricks that the app has that you may not have discovered yet. For example, it is easy to know if someone has read your WhatsApp message thanks to the check marks. But, there is also an option that allows you to know the exact time the messages you have sent on WhatsApp are read, and here we show you how to do it.
How to know the exact moment when someone reads a WhatsApp message
Knowing the exact time when someone read a message that you have sent on WhatsApp is quite simple. follow the below instruction:
- Open the WhatsApp app on your smartphone.
- Locate the chat and press and hold the message that interests you to know when it was read.
- When you do this, you will see some new icons appear along the top bar.
- Click on the three-point menu.
- Then select the Information option .
This will show you the delivery, playback and reading times of your message.
You should know that you can do this both in individual chats and in group messages. In group chats, you can see the delivery and reading times of each member, and you will only have to click on their name in the list to get full details. However, keep in mind that you cannot know the reading time for messages from other people within the same group.
If the person hasn’t read your message yet, you’ll see a dash under the Read option. But, you can also come across a case where the information in the WhatsApp message says Read, but does not tell you when. In this case, the other person most likely disabled WhatsApp read receipts.
You can also see the reading time of a message on WhatsApp Web
If you are one of those who prefers to use WhatsApp Web while you are in the office, you can follow a similar process to find out what time someone reads your messages. Follow the below instruction:
- Open WhatsApp Web on your computer or laptop.
- Now, simply open the corresponding chat and place the mouse over the message that interests you.
- Click on the little arrow that appears in the upper right corner of the message.
- Then select Message information.
- Next, you will see a screen similar to the one you see in the mobile version, which shows you the delivery, playback and reading times of your message.
- Of course, unlike the mobile application, in group chats you can only see the reading time, but not the exact time of delivery.
And remember that, if the message says Read, but does not have a timestamp or the exact time of the reading, it is likely that the other person has disabled the report of receipt of messages in WhatsApp.
While this information may not be very necessary all the time, knowing exactly when someone reads your WhatsApp messages can be helpful. You may, for example, want to be sure that your messages reach their destination safely. And if the reading time is not displayed, make sure you have not turned off the double blue check mark so that this option can work in the future.
If you want to know more tricks about the popular app owned by Facebook, you will surely be interested in these tricks to know if someone has blocked you on WhatsApp.