Did you know that you can configure Gmail to be the default manager for your iPhone? We show you the trick to do it.
With the arrival of iOS 14 on iPhones, a lot has changed for the better. Among so many new features that the new version of Apple’s operating system has brought, the possibility of changing some of the default applications has been incorporated , including the mail one .
Previously, it was only possible to use Apple’s native email application to manage your email, however, now it is possible to use third-party applications such as Outlook or in this case Gmail .
Configure your iPhone so that Gmail is the default manager. If you want to know we will show you a detailed step-by-step guide so you don’t miss any details.
This is how you can make Gmail the default email app on iPhone and iPad
The most important thing before making this change is that you must have your iPhone updated to the latest version of the operating system , in this case iOS 14 . For its part, the same happens with the iPad , being necessary iPad OS 14 .
So you can make Gmail the default email app on iPhone and iPadThis is how you can make Gmail the default email app on iPhone and iPad
Once this is clarified, we proceed to show you the necessary details to make the change of applications.
- Open the Gmail App on your iPhone or iPad . You need the latest version. If you don’t have it yet, you can get it in the Apple store.
- Next, go to “Settings” of the system.
- Slide the menu to locate “Gmail” or type it in the search bar located at the top of the menu to speed up the process.
- Gmail is the default email app on iPhone and iPadOpen the Gmail App on your iPhone or iPad and search for “Gmail”
- Now, in the “Default email application” section you should select “Gmail” .
- Clever. Now you will have Gmail as the default application on your iPhone or iPad . In such a way that when you touch any Mailto link , it will automatically be directed to Gmail and not to the Apple mail app.
Gmail as the default application of your iphoneSelect “Gmail” as the default email application
You may also like | How to make iPhone 12 use 5G as long as there is coverage
In this way you will be able to have the application to manage your emails according to the platform with which you best identify yourself, something that for a long time had been requested by users but that until now it is possible to enjoy this novelty.