Telegram allows you to schedule your voice chats up to a week in advance.It is no secret to anyone that Telegram is one of the best alternatives to WhatsApp available at this time. The power of the app is in its versatility, it can be used to chat with friends or thousands of people and it offers interesting features, such as the voice chat function.
While some voice chat features were perceived as an attempt to mimic other platforms, Telegram has improved this feature significantly and is shaping an identity of its own. One of these updates allows channel and group administrators to schedule voice chats in advance. And this article will show you the process of scheduling a voice chat at a specific date and time.
What you should know before scheduling a voice chat on Telegram
Before scheduling a voice chat on Telegram, there are certain aspects that you should take into account. The first thing you should know is that the platform allows you to schedule voice conversations up to a week in advance, however, you can only schedule one voice chat at a time. The voice chat feature can be useful, especially if there are some reasons not to use Zoom or some other similar app.
Another thing to consider is that if you are not online at the scheduled time, the chat will not start automatically. And, you will have to be online and click on the Start now button for the voice chat to begin. With all this clear, it is time to move on to the next step.
How to schedule a voice chat on a Telegram channel or group
You can schedule a voice chat on a channel or group several days in advance. You simply need to set a time and date to start, and doing so is much easier than you might think.Follow these steps:
- On your mobile device, open the Telegram app.
- Now, go to the information page of the channel or group in which you want to schedule the voice chat.
- Click on the three-point menu on the information page of your group or channel.
- Select the Schedule voice chat option .
- Set the date and time to determine when the voice chat will start.
- Once scheduled, you can share the chat link with guests. Other members of the group or channel will see a countdown to the chat at the top of the chat.
- They can also choose to receive a notification when the chat begins by clicking on the Set reminder option .
That’s how easy you can schedule a voice chat on Telegram!
So whether you want to set up a conversation or just have a casual chat with your friends, being able to schedule a chat in advance can help you have better structured conversations. And the fact is, casual and serendipitous conversations can be fun at times, but when you’re short on time or need to use voice chats to sort out work-related things, scheduling it ahead of time ensures everyone is on the same page.
Now that you know how to schedule your voice chats, you may be interested in knowing how to share a Telegram group to invite other people.